Monday 4 June 2012

Marklogic 5

I picked up a MarkLogic USB drive with 5.0.2 at XML Prague 2012. I installed this on Ubuntu but I wanted to get it to run on my Readynas Pro 2. This wish resulted in a factory reset on my first try, while attempting to install alien.

Older and wiser I tried again using chroot with a Debian Sarge image. The source file from the USB was MarkLogic-5.0-2.i686.rpm. Instructions based on
http://developer.marklogic.com/download#comment-354202122

To install

After doing debootstrap to create /c/home/squeeze
chroot /c/home/squeeze 

sudo apt-get install alien
sudo alien --to-deb --verbose MarkLogic-5.0-2.i686.rpm
sudo dpkg -i marklogic_5.0-3_i386.deb

To run

mount proc /c/home/squeeze/proc/  -t proc
cp /etc/resolv.conf /c/home/squeeze/etc
cp /etc/hosts /c/home/squeeze/etc
chroot /c/home/squeeze
/etc/init.d/MarkLogic start

The result 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment